Where can I find software to program the internal flash on a DSP56F805 via the parallel port on a PC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find software to program the internal flash on a DSP56F805 via the parallel port on a PC

robfield
Contributor I

I am trying to program the internal flash on a DSP56F805. I designed the unit in about 2001 and have not looked at it for many years but I need to modify the program now. I can compile and load the program to an eval board but I need flash programming software to put in in the flash on my device.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

To program flash on DSP56F805, we can use:

1) Classic CodeWarrior v8.3

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-56800E-DSC

It supports both USBTAP and parallel, it can only program with ELF file without project. It works on both Windows XP and Windows 7.  But it cannot program with S-record file.

2) flash_over_jtag

flash_over_jtag can only support parallel connection, it does not support USB interface.  And it program 56800 with S-record file. It does not support Windows 7 either.

I attached this tool.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos