AnsweredAssumed Answered

CSI Test Generator Mode: Yocto on i.MX6 Sabre eval board

Question asked by Brad Grissom on Jan 30, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2016 by mert can ergun

Does anybody know of an existing driver to enable the CSI interface Test Generator (chess pattern) mode for Yocto?  The only applicable conversation I could find on the forums is here:

Using CSI test generator mode

Which includes an demo driver attachment for the i.MX5 for an older kernel.  I started trying to port that example to the newer Yocto 3.10 kernel, but the CSI software stack has changed a bit (the I2C drivers now seem to be separate from the "platform" (mxc_v4l2_capture.c) which calls functions like ipu_csi_init_interface() as described in the BSP porting guide).

Background:

• The Yocto documentation here (Documentation -> Linux -> Linux 3.10.53)  i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool R|Freescale includes i.MX_6_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf which describes 7.1.3 Configuring the CSI Unit in Test Mode
  • That documentation gives some pointers on how to enable Test Generator mode, but is a far cry from something I can cut and paste.  Furthermore, it seems to contradict the current state of the CSI stack as I mentioned above.

I was thinking there had to be somebody who has already enabled this test mode who could share some code.

Thanks!

Outcomes