Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in ARM_EWL-libraries when compiling with gcc  4.8.4 toolchain

Jump to solution
sven_kaemmer
Contributor III

Topic: Errors in ARM_EWL-libraries when compiling with gcc  4.8.4 toolchain

1. 1.       I compile the EWL-Libraries with gcc 4.8.4(see gcc_version.txt) tools using  the supplied makefile (without the Code Warrior IDE). (Previously, all *.o, *.d and *.a files have been erased)
  2. 2.       The compilation is successful with several warnings (see log_errors_4_8_4_noOptions.txt and log_4_8_4_noOptions.txt).
  3. 3.       The makefile is called using the batch file call_make_all.bat. The compilation is not modified besides we use the options –j1 and -fno-diagnostics-show-caret
  4. 4.       When I use the library in a project (target is a MK60FN1M0 with MQX) the application runs for several seconds and then restarts again (the application prints some serial output so I can see this ).

The compilation output can be found in project_compilation.txt

1. 5.       If I compile the EWL-libraries with gcc 4.8.4 with the compiler options “-fno-diagnostics-show-caret -fno-aggressive-loop-optimizations” (which are introduced with gcc 4.8.x) OR if I compile the EWL- libraries with gcc 4.7.3 with the original options the described defective behavior (4.) does not show (for the compiler outputs see log_errors_4_8_4.txt and  log_4_8_4.txt and log_errors_4_7_3.txt and log_4_7_3.txt)

In summary we have the following questions:

Is this the correct way (using gcc 4.8.4) to build the EWL-Libraries?

What causes the difference in the different ways of compilation the EWL-libraries?

Why is there no compiler warning that gives us a hint that the compiled EWL-libraries are not working?

What do the other compiler warnings mean?

Attached you may find the text-files stated above.

Thanks in advance,

Original Attachment has been moved to: project_compilation.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: makefile.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_errors_4_8_4_noOptions.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_errors_4_8_4.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: call_make_all.bat

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_4_8_4_noOptions.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_4_8_4.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_4_7_3.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: gcc_version.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_errors_4_7_3.txt.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello kaeven:

Just bringing here the same information as in the Service Request you submitted.

The EWL libraries were tested using the GCC toolchain v4_7_3, as the one included with CodeWarrior v10.6.

Unfortunately the developers will not test the EWL libraries with later versions of GCC due to the introduction of KDS:

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

We are sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello kaeven:

Just bringing here the same information as in the Service Request you submitted.

The EWL libraries were tested using the GCC toolchain v4_7_3, as the one included with CodeWarrior v10.6.

Unfortunately the developers will not test the EWL libraries with later versions of GCC due to the introduction of KDS:

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

We are sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos