AnsweredAssumed Answered

Developer Resources for Android Customisation?

Question asked by Christian Treczoks on Jan 29, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 by Artur Petukhov

Hi!

I've got an iMX6 based dev board for android, and I need to customize some things for our product. But I cannot find any usable resources/documents on this topic. Android seems to be App, App, and App again, but if you need to deal with the low level stuff, you only get a "leaflet" telling you how to compile the stuff from an Android BSP and copy it to the SD, but no further help.

So, for example, I stubled about the "navigation bar problem". When I used the desktop monitor or the large touch screen with a 1280x800 resolution, the navigation bar with the home and back button is there. If I use the lower resolution display (or the HDMI with a sumulated lower resolution) with 800x480, the navigation bar is gone. Somewhere in the Android source jungle there must be a constant or configured value that tells Android from which height it is allowed to have a navigation bar. But hwere can I find documentation on that? Where should I start?

Or: This dev board, as well as the final product, has no battery. But it still cries for a charger, and if I don't mark "don't sleep" in the developers options, it reboots after a few minutes. How cann I tell Android that a charger is not necessary? I could not find any resources on this - its all app, apps, apps, or "how to prolong my battary life", but nothing for adaption on a specific hardware.

Any tips for my specific problems? Any hints or resources to get insights into adapting/configuring Android?

Yours,

Christian Treczoks

Outcomes