cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling nscd in ltib

sumitsharma
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using ltib L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source for compilation for my target i.MX6 SL board. I need to use nscd for flushing the DNS cache. But I didn; found any way to do that.
I tried enabling nscd as add-ons in glibc spec file, but that didn't helped.
Also I tried getting source by "apt-get source nscd", that gave source for eglibc. I tried cross-compiling that with our toolchain but that also resulted in make errors
Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `rfs r1'
Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `wfs r3'

Please help.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For LTIB, you can download the nscd source code and then put the source code file (e.g. .tar.gz or .tar.bz2) into /opt/freescale/pkgs/.

Then create a .spec file in the ltib/dist/lfs-5.0/nscd/nscd.spec.  (if you don't know how to create this, please take other .spec file for reference.)

After created the .spec file, type the following LTIB commands to build the nscd

./ltib -p nscd.spec -m prep  (this command is used to extract the source code into rpm/BUILD/)

./ltib -p nscd.spec -m scbuild (build the source code)

./ltib -p nscd.spec -m scdeploy (install it to rootfs)

0 Kudos

sumitsharma
Contributor II

Hi jimmychan,

Thanks for your inputs. I've searched for the nscd package tar file but that is available under eglibc or glibc only. In LTIB we have selected to use eglibc/glibc 2.13 with toolchain /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin.

Should we use the eglibc_2.15.orig.tar.gz that we get form apt-get or if any other, can you please provide the link.

Thanks

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you can take this for reference to build your toolchain.

Re: How to get gcc source code for i.MX6 Linux BSP.

0 Kudos