cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEMO9SO8QG8 error when running demo code

Jump to solution
Kerms
Contributor I
Hello, I just installed codewarrior and opened the demo test application. I built it ran it, had to connect to the demo board... and during the programming, it hit an error.

Its in the PEMicro CPoghcs08 programmer version 1.49  

The command it does is:

CMD>PT
ERROR: 45 during script!

I can not get around this. I tried the demo app and the demo test code and both have the same issues. I can find any info on this error.

Thanks
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Kerms,

Well, PT is the programme trim command and Error 45 is the helpful "Can not talk to cable"
If you scroll back before the error message did it show a suggested trim value?
and a value for FTRIM?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kerms
Contributor I
Here is the output from the window
Code:
CMD>REUSB HCS08/HCS12 MULTILINK detected - Flash Version 5.64Initalizing. Target has been RESET and s active.CMD>CM C:\Program FIles\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.0\prog\P&E\9s08QG8.S8PUSB HCS08/HCS12 MULTILINK detected - FLASH Version 5.64Initializing. (Recommended TRIM=$00A2,FTRIM=1)  (Bus Freq = 7985KHZ)  Initalized.;version 1.01, 9/14/2005, Copyright P&E Microcomputer Systems, www.pemicro.com [9s08qg8];device Freescale, 9S08GQ8, All;beging_csLoading programming algorithm ... Done.(FCDIV=$AC)CMD>EMLoading programming algorithm routine...Done.Erasing. Module has been erased.CMD>PMLoading programming algorithm routine...Done.Programming and Verifying Address $0FFFE. Programmed.CMD>VCVerifying CRC-8 Checksum of device (vs S-record) ... Success.

Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi again,

Everything looks OK here! Then when you try to prog the trim it dies???
I am not sure if this is the reason and probably would not cause this error but......
You do not already prog the trim value from within the code supplied to the programmer do you?
Look for FFAE or FFAF near the start of the shorter S-records towards the end of the file.

0 Kudos
peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Kerms,

Well, PT is the programme trim command and Error 45 is the helpful "Can not talk to cable"
If you scroll back before the error message did it show a suggested trim value?
and a value for FTRIM?

0 Kudos