Is it possible using the Freescale MfgTool to run commands on the target when halted at the uboot prompt for imx6 target? We want to update existing uboot and deploy rootfs by invoking custom scripts that exist on target.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible using the Freescale MfgTool to run commands on the target when halted at the uboot prompt for imx6 target? We want to update existing uboot and deploy rootfs by invoking custom scripts that exist on target.

lesloveridge
Contributor I

We want to update the supplied uboot and deploy our custom rootfs to a imx6 target module using Freescale MfgTool.

I have configured th esystem so that it correctly boots to the uboot prompt but cannot find a way to "push" commands to the target to run existing scripts to perform uboot update and deploy rootfs.

Is it possible to perform such actions using MfgTool when Linux kernel hasn't been loaded?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Les

for interaction with MFG  Tool i.MX6 should be put to Serial Downloader

mode. At Uboot prompt i.MX6 will not connect with MFG  Tool.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos