I checked input resolution of IPU-VDIC which is de-interlacer in i.MX6Duallite
• Input for de-interlacing: three consecutive fields
• The most recent field may come from the CSI or from system memory
• The other two fields are read from memory
• Field size: Supports up to 1080p
• Pixel format: YUV 4:2:2/4:2:0, 8 bits/value
• Typical video sources - SDTV: 480i30 (720x480 at 30 fps) or 576i25 (720x576
at 25 fps) and HDTV: 1080i30 (1920x1080 at 30 fps)
I also checked the below document.
FTF-CON-F0119- A Deep Dive into Image Processing for i.MX 6 Application Processors
This say as below.
• Resolution: field size up to 968x1024 for i.MX6 and 720x1024 in i.MX5 pixels. Larger frames are processed in stripes (split mode).
Reference manual and FTF-CON-F0119 document occurs in difference.
1. Could you please let me know the reason?
2. Can VDIC of IPU receive 1080i30 as input?
Thanks in advance.