cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior Dev Studio for ColdFire  v5.1

Jump to solution
ryanfauth
Contributor I

I need to use CodeWarrior Dev Studio for ColdFire  v5.1 for a legacy project.  Where can I find this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ryan.

all Freescale available CodeWarrior Legacy Downloads are listed here:

CodeWarrior Legacy Downloads|Freescale

However CodeWarrior Dev Studio for ColdFire  v5.1 is a very old version ( released before 2005) and it is no longer available on Freescale web site. I don;t know why you want to use that old CW? what chip do you work with? if you use Coldfire V2-V4 derivatives, please use CW v7.2 or CWv10.6 instead:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_SPECIALEDITIONS

thus if you have any CW related question with CW v7.2 or CWv10.6, Freescale is still easy to provide support.

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ryan.

all Freescale available CodeWarrior Legacy Downloads are listed here:

CodeWarrior Legacy Downloads|Freescale

However CodeWarrior Dev Studio for ColdFire  v5.1 is a very old version ( released before 2005) and it is no longer available on Freescale web site. I don;t know why you want to use that old CW? what chip do you work with? if you use Coldfire V2-V4 derivatives, please use CW v7.2 or CWv10.6 instead:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_SPECIALEDITIONS

thus if you have any CW related question with CW v7.2 or CWv10.6, Freescale is still easy to provide support.

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ryanfauth
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply,

My goal is to use a newer version of the IDE.  The firmware I am working with was originally built with ver5.1 and I would like to confirm that my build environment is correct by first building the project using the original IDE.

I am using CW ver7.2 now.   Is it possible you could send me a copy of ver5.1 that I could run my  preliminary test with?  ( I understand there is no support for this product)

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

The older versions are not available on Web site.

I need to upload the version on pour transweb system.

For tracking ... I will create a SR for this question.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support

0 Kudos