KDS KSDK MQX application size

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS KSDK MQX application size

sudhakarp
Contributor V

am using FRDMk64f120 kinetis processor, once i builed MQX example project(hello) the debug code size was exceeding more than 1mb.i checked both CW10.6 and also KDS v2.0.0. i think i want to remove library files but i dnt know how to remove. please give some solution. and also tell how to use example project.

Labels (1)
7 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sudhakar,

I started this as a new thread.

Are you looking at the *.elf file size?  Or are you opening and reviewing the *.map file?

The *.elf size can be very large but that doesn't correlate to the actual flash image size.  The GCC tools are very verbose with debugger information that makes the *.elf file size very large as compared to proprietary compilers (IAR/Keil/etc).

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

sudhakarp
Contributor V

am looking *.elf file. if file size more than 1mb means i cant dump that project through openSDA (mbed). how to debug that project throught KDS IDE

error.jpg
0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sudhakar p,

in KDS : please, right click on the project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings and set Create flash image and Print size.

sdk.png

After that, srec file is created (in Debug folder) - the file you can copy though the OpenSDA.

I hope it helps.

Iva

0 Kudos

sudhakarp
Contributor V

thank you.. now i got 152kb *.hex file, but i can't dump code using mbed(openSDAv2). what can i do for that how to dump that code into controller using OPENSDAV2. actually i need *.bin file to dump code into controller using mbed OPENSDAV2 .i tried this one also project >> c/c++ >>setting >>build artifact there i changed artifact extension into .bin but code size was exceeding more than 1mb. please give some solution

Untitled.png
0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sudhakar p,

I think there is another problem. Please, check J-Link firmware for your board. Here is good tutorial Segger J-Link Firmware for OpenSDAv2 | MCU on Eclipse

Best Regards,
Iva

sudhakarp
Contributor V

hi iva Dorazinova,

thank u very much, finally i succeed "hello world" project. its printing hello world character. i followed your instruction finally i got solution thank u everyone..

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear sudhakar p,

you are welcome!

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos