cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port my driver?

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

Many times I am working in a team splitting certain portions of the software.  I have the following

Question if the other team member is using the same Kinetis SDK and same processor, but he is

Not using PE(Processor Expert) and I am developing say a driver & using PE, what files would he

Need in order to use my driver?

Thank you,

Neil

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Neil.

Which PE do you use ? the only PE or the KSDK-PE,  please scrennshot about your PE component,

I will know it.

If you use the Ksdk-PE,  like this

pastedImage_0.png

the PE diver is the KSDK driver.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Here is a screenshot of my environment:

KSDK.jpg

I don't know if this helps?  Remember both, the team member and I, have equal environment and processor.... so what is it that I have to give to him once the

driver is complete on my side and he is asking for it (keep in mind I am using the above PE).

Thanks Neil

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Neil ,

What a pity, The diver are very different between  the PE and KSDK, in KDS , there is not the function to merge them.

I recommend you use one of them re-create the other project.

Best Regards,

Alice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post help your question, please click the helpful Answer button.

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Unfortunately, I didn't understand what you meant by "I recommend you use one of them re-create the other project."  ?

If the other team member starts a project/w PE enabled and I start my project/w PE enabled, then I should be able or

I think I should be able to give him a PE file/folder/something that he can import and then work with (this is just an assumption)?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Neil,

If you and the other team all use the PE, yes , the two project can merge.

While if you use PE, the other team use KSDK, it hard to merge.

"I recommend you use one of them re-create the other project."   I say this according to if you use PE,

the  other team use KSDK,  the better way is on your project develop the other code which the other team (use ksdk) made.

In a word use the same driver (PE Or ksdk) .

If you still have any question, please conatact me .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos