cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRDP x11 crash

Jump to solution
jorgesoria
Contributor II

Hello, I'm trying to compile and run FreeRDP directly on target board (SabreSD).

My cmake script:

cmake -DWITH_PCSC=ON -DWITH_NEON=ON -DWITH_XI=ON -DARM_FP_ABI=hard

I'm using fsb-community-bsp Dizzy branch. I've tried the kernel 3.10.17-1.0.1 and repo synced to get 3.10.17-1.0.2.

The image generated is core-image-sato and I'm running without problem Qt5 applications.

It compiles and installs fine but it always crashes after a few seconds of use.

The launch script is:

xfreerdp /u:user /p:pass /gdi:hw /size:1024x768 /bpp:16 /v:192.168.1.175 /cert-ignore +multitouch +gestures

When I begin a control session with RDP the GPU seem to hang and the image freezes. If I run the launch script from console and kill xfreerdp after crash it gives a GPU[0] error when it recovers.

Had anyone tried to use FreeRDP with fsl-community-bsp image?

Thanks in advance, Jorge.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorgesoria
Contributor II

Crash seems to be solved with xFreeRDP 1.2.5.

Performance improved a lot in 1920x1080 with a higher value of vmalloc in u-boot.

Thank you very much for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jorgesoria
Contributor II

Crash seems to be solved with xFreeRDP 1.2.5.

Performance improved a lot in 1920x1080 with a higher value of vmalloc in u-boot.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jorge,

I asked around and no one hastried FreeRDP, have you tried in RDP communities as well?

0 Kudos
jorgesoria
Contributor II

Thank you Sergio, I will try to ask there because it's a very specific problem.

xFreeRDP is strongly x11 dependant, but if I want to use Qt's eglfs platform I think x11 cannot be a DISTRO_FEATURE (Please, correct me if I'm wrong).

Maybe xFreeRDP needs x11 defined as a DISTRO_FEATURE...

I bitbaked another image with DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl x11" and xFreeRDP seems more stable, but I lose eglfs platform in Qt :smileysad:.

Any idea of how to workaround the recipe so I can get an image x11 and eglfs capable? 

0 Kudos