AnsweredAssumed Answered

Virtual network on P4080DS. How to setup initial ip address, routing ...  in guest of QEMU-KVM?

Question asked by Kanat Alimzhanov on Jan 21, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 by Kanat Alimzhanov

Hello Freescale team. I have run two Linux  guests with virtual eth0 in P4080DS following HOW-TOs in SDK 1.5 (parts KVM-QEMU). Everything works as expected, but i bored to setup network address, hostname, routing table again-and-again when launch guest linux. I was sure that script /root/qemu-ifup will run in guest side and write something looking:

root@p4080ds:/root# cat qemu-ifup_gest1 #!/bin/sh                                                                                                                                          

#/root/qemu-ifup_gest1                                                                                                                            

# TAP interface will be passed in $1                                                                                                                bridge=br0                                                                                                                                          guest_device=$1                                                                                                                                    

ifconfig $guest_device up                                                                                                                          

brctl addif $bridge $guest_device 

#ifconfig eth0 192.168.32.33 up                                                                                                                     

#route add -net 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 192.168.32.32 metric 0 dev eth0

#hostname gest1

And find that qemu-ifup_gest1 runs on Host side, and commented out lines expected to setup initial network parameters on guest1.

And again my qwestion: How to setup initial ip address, routing ...  in guest of QEMU-KVM?

Here is info about networking bridge on Host side: br0 inet addr:192.168.32.32  Bcast:192.168.32.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

Outcomes