I can not create a new KDS 2.0 project for MK22FN1M0xxx12 with Kinetis SDK support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not create a new KDS 2.0 project for MK22FN1M0xxx12 with Kinetis SDK support.

jeffreygraves
Contributor III

I notice that I can not create a new KDS 2.0 project for MK22FN1M0xxx12 with Kinetis SDK support.

The Kinetis SDK v1.1.0 release notes do not list the MK22FN1M0xxx12 among the supported MCU devices.

Will the Kinetis SDK support the MK22FN1M0xxx12 any time soon?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeffrey,

Yes, KSDK will include it , while the release time have not sure.

And at this time ,you can use the Processor Expert on KDS, like this

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Alice

steeevo
Contributor II

When I create a new project, the option to include kinetis SDK is greyed out just like it's shown above.

I did install the SDK v1.1 as well as did the update in eclipse but nothing is changing.

I'm using a K60 board.

What is the issue here?

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steevo and Jeffrey,

I recently helped a customer with this kind of issue.

He had a new Win7 64-bit machine so you think it would work great but....the corporate IT had installed and older version of Java to support a internal custom application for that company.  A update to the Java resolved the problem.

I will make a recommendation back to our KDS/KSDK team to see if the installer can check what version of Java it detects and generate appropriate error or warning to user.

To learn what Java is required please read/review:

C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\readme\readme_eclipse.html

To check your Win 7 64-bit machine:

Open Control Panel.  Search for "Java" and open the Java 32-bit app.  The new Window will have Title " Java Control Panel".

Click the "About..."  button.

You should see following:

ScreenHunter_139 Apr. 07 08.46.gif

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

steeevo
Contributor II

David and Iva,

I have checked the Java version and I have the same version that is shown above in Davids post however,

When I create a new project and exand the tree to choose a board, I don't See my K60D100M in there like Iva has as an option,

My list is much shorter with only 5 options not including what I need... any ideas?

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi steeevo,

ok - never mind, please try to install new software.

You can find it in KDS -> Help ->  Install new software

installation2.png

and choose the option Freescale KDS Update Site and install it, please.

installation.png

If does not help, we find another solution.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

steeevo
Contributor II

All of the updates are done except for the version of processor expert that gets installed via the eclipse installer.

as you can see it won't install because I have a newer version of PE already installed.

What should I check next?

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please, check your KSDK_PATH in your Environment Variables.

We will be sure what version are you actually using.

ksdk.png

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steeevo:

The update you have to install is the one for KSDK v1.1.0, which is not in the KDS server, but rather inside the KSDK folder. The one in your picture is for the earlier version v1.0.0.

If you already have the latest KSDK v1.1.0, then install the Eclipse Update as in the attached PDF guide.

Actually, if it still does not work, I have seen that having the earlier version of the update (v1.0.0) causes some problems when installing the latest (v1.1.0), so you may need to reinstall KDS to have just the latest update installed.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi steeevo,

there is actually support for these boards:

kds.png

Please, check the updates for your KDS.

install.png

I hope this helps,