cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI display not working with fb0 on iMX6DL Yocto BSP L3.10.17_1.0.2

PKZ
Contributor III

Hi

I have been porting linux BSP 3.10.17_1.0.2 BSP (Yocto) for our custom board based on i.MX SDP and using i.MX6DL.

We do not have lvds display on our board (we have only HDMI), not charger, no camera, no GPIO buttons, no audio codec, no ethernet.

So, in the DT files, I have removed all those HW configuration.

The linux boots up, I can see from the debug uart. However, no display on HDMI. the boot argument was set as below (Hdmi on fb0)

setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} ${smp} root=${mmcroot} video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb1:off -  does not work, no output to HDMI display

When I tried to set HDMI to fb1, then i can see the display only when the linux is fully booted up, i.e. I do not see the yocto progress bar.

setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} ${smp} root=${mmcroot} video=mxcfb0:off video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 – works only if mxcfb0 is set to off

Did anyone have similar issue? Any suggestion? I am not very familiar with DT files and so, not sure if there is any dependent code I might removed because i am also having issue with USB H1 (USB H1 not working properly on iMX6DL custom board), but still not solved yet.

Thanks and regards,

Paramod

Labels (4)
7 Replies

PKZ
Contributor III

Hi,

I ask for some help on review on DT files but it seems it is paid support from Freescale. I get this from FAE instead. But before going for any paid support, if anyone can help, it will be much appreciated.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=LINUX-ANDROID-COMMERCIAL-SUPPORT

Thanks in advance,

Paramod

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paramod,

You could try the following workaround for enabling the HDMI display from the beginning. On the U-Boot command line:

editenv mmcargs

Add the following to the end of the mmcargs variable:

video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24

saveenv

boot

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PKZ
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply.

Adding that argument, caused the bootup hang at

"Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel."

Regards,

Paramod

0 Kudos

vardhmanmodi
Contributor II

Hi PKZ

How did you fixed this issue?

I am also getting same boot up issue if we modified any bootargs.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paramod,

Have you ensured that you added the mentioned command at the end of the mmcargs values instead of deleting something? It should be as following after the modifications:

setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} ${smp} root=${mmcroot} video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos

PKZ
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

Yes, it was appended (not deleted)

Regards,

Paramod

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paramod,

Did you applied the modifications over an image that you previously tried to modify? I tested the mentioned method and worked properly without hanging the boot.

Maybe a good idea could be flashing again the image on your board and just apply the mentioned configuration.

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos