cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post mortem analysis in MQX

strlen
Contributor II

Hi all,

Apologies if this thread already exists somewhere.  I'm working on a project and I'm in the process of tightening the screws a bit.  I've been looking at the routines in kernel/klog.c, and a few routines to get information related to stack usage.  Is there a way to get an actual stack trace?  Minimally, I'm interested in being able to get a stack trace (with args) of a failed task at the time of failure and dump it out to persistent storage for later retrieval.  Any advice would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

0 Kudos
5 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rob,

Please check the attached document and let me know if this helps,

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

strlen
Contributor II

Hey Sol,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Sorry if I'm being a bit dense, but where is the attached document? :smileyhappy:

Best,

Rob

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The document is attached to my replay, in addition you can find this doc at the path: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc\tools\cw  (MQX_PerfTool_Getting_Started)

Regards
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

strlen
Contributor II

Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to do it.  I'm looking for a way of programatically determining the stack trace without having to use a debugger.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please check the below thread and let me know if this helps!!

MQX Tools best way to post mortem dying task?

Have a great day,
Sol

0 Kudos