TRK-KEA128: How shall I add a component like the CAN_LDD to the sample project TRK-KEA128_Lab4:

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRK-KEA128: How shall I add a component like the CAN_LDD to the sample project TRK-KEA128_Lab4:

Jump to solution
Alex8
Contributor I

I use the CW MCU v10.5 with several patches for the Kinetis starter trak TRK-KEA128 (80 Pins MCU) RevD. From the tutorial I found the Training course  TRK-KEA128_Lab4. I load the training source code via File --> Import --> Existing projects into workspace into the CW. I could compile and run the LAB4 demo on the TRK-KEA 128 board.

Next I want the CAN_LDD for a 500Kbit CAN bus listener into the Demo code. However I can found the CAN_LDD in the component library, but there is no possibility to double click or to select it to my DEMO Project. So I want to enable the processor expert for the Project. In the Wizzard I select SKEAZ128... (80pins package). The processor expert process finished, but I run the Software on the target any more. Errors occurs, which I now try to solve manually.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexander,

this project TRK-KEA_LAB4.zip was made without processor expert support. if we need add pe support, we need convert project to use Processor Expert first.

You can enable processor expert this way:

go to File -> New -> Other -> Processor Expert -> Enable Processor Expert for Existing C Project.

Then refer below manual in help file.

Untitled.png

then you can add CAN_LDD as you did.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexander,

can you please upload your TRK-KEA128_Lab4 here ? or let us know where to download it? thus we can test it directly here. thanks!

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun.

==============================================================

this answer is for you, if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. Thanks!

==============================================================

Alex8
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply: Please download the example here:
Kinetis KEA128 StarterTRAK for CAN Applicatio|Freescale

( "http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TRK-KEA128&fsrch=1&sr=5&pageNum=1")

The TRK-KEA_LAB4.zip is the standard example for the Kinetis KEA128 StarterTRAK for CAN Applications.

Later after "Import", "Building all" and "RUN" I can toggle the two LED via the user Buttons.

But I cannot go on and add the CAN framework to the Project:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexander,

this project TRK-KEA_LAB4.zip was made without processor expert support. if we need add pe support, we need convert project to use Processor Expert first.

You can enable processor expert this way:

go to File -> New -> Other -> Processor Expert -> Enable Processor Expert for Existing C Project.

Then refer below manual in help file.

Untitled.png

then you can add CAN_LDD as you did.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos