Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical Device Driver vs High Level Component

Jump to solution
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello,

What is the difference between an LDD and a High Level component (let's call this an HLC) ? If I am right, an LDD allows integration into an RTOS, but can also be used in a bareboard application. Whereas an HLC can only be used bareboard. To build a sort of tree showing each component as a subset of a bigger component, I'd say ((( Peripheral Initialization component - most basic, only init() calls) LDD) HLC). Is this correct?

What are the additional features of an HLC over an LDD?

Also, to use an LDD bareboard, is it necessary to include bareboard OS component in the project?

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pratiek:

That is a common question and your understanding is correct. Check the next threads:

Re: n00b question - What's the difference between a low-levevel device driver and a high-level compo...

difference between ExtInt and ExtInt_LDD

If you want to go without an OS then just add the LDD components to a bareboard project and the code will disregard any RTOS related stuff such as the handlers.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pratiek:

That is a common question and your understanding is correct. Check the next threads:

Re: n00b question - What's the difference between a low-levevel device driver and a high-level compo...

difference between ExtInt and ExtInt_LDD

If you want to go without an OS then just add the LDD components to a bareboard project and the code will disregard any RTOS related stuff such as the handlers.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Thanks Jorge. I searched for logical device driver before asking, but these options didn't show up. Regarding bareboard OS component, I've attached a snapshot. I am running KDS 2.0.0

bareboad.jpg

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pratiek:

Sorry, I did not recall that component exists. According to the description (right click on the component -> Help on component -> Component Bareboard) this is to ease migration from Bareboard to RTOS in the future:

Bareboard_component.png

Personally I have never used that component and if you do not plan to add an RTOS then you don't have to use it either, just use the LDD beans alone.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Thanks Jorge

0 Kudos