Life after import on K64F/mbed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life after import on K64F/mbed

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

I am using the FRDM K64F development board.

I was finally able to import a project created on mbed.  I was able to compile it, but

when I tried to run it, its missing something?

It looks like I have to prepare more things before I just run with it, can someone explain

what are the steps I need to take after importing from mbed?

Thank you,

Neil Porven

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Neil Porven

From my understanding, you have problem with board connecting, right?

what SW do you use? KDS or Codewarrior?

I also need to check your current driver install, please:

with board connecting, please upload the screenshot of "device manager" widow. please showcase the driver under "Jungo" and "Ports(COM & LPT)"

thanks!

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

=============================================

this answer is for you, if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. Thanks!

================================================

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi ZhangJennie,

I don't believe I am having a board connection issue.  I am using KDS and I successfully imported my project file from mbed.  The project compiles successfully in KDS, but when I go to run it, KDS complains.  I was expecting this complaint from the KDS because, I thought that just by importing a project from mbed, it would take care of setting up the KDS to be able to run/debug with it.  I know "Too Easy and Wishful Thinking"!

If you start a project in KDS and use the New project KDS design studio option, you can select the FRDM64KF board into the project and I don't know how it happens, but the KDS knows all the settings it needs to setup the component and load processor expert/w the correct processor.

The reason I mention the above, is that, since I am importing a project from a different IDE, then I imagine that I would have to go thru the work of selecting the FRDM64KF development board, so that KDS knows what I am using, so that it knows what to do with the imported project.

Maybe my logic is wrong, but if what I believe is happening, is what needs to happen, then how is that done, is my question?

The truth of the matter is that, maybe Freescale or mbed should have a 10 minute video explaining how to go from mbed to KDS as an import and the steps it takes to get you started.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Neil:

I think you figured it out already. But just for reference for future readers of this thread, you have to set the debug configurations. When importing a project from MBED it does not contain the debug configurations already. For details on this there is a document in this community:

GDB Debugging with Kinetis Design Studio

The connection used depends on the actual firmware of your Freedom Board: Segger J-Link, P&E OpenSDA or OpenOCD. This is why colleague Jennie asked you to check the Device Manager.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos