Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9131RDB: AIC output to different buffers

Jump to solution
rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi FreeScale Team,

w.r.t to RDB9131, i want to know if i can route the AIC data directly into N different buffers. My requirement stand at AIC taking digital IQ stream from RFIC end [as shown below] and feeding into different buffers.

buf1 ----------|       | ------- R

buf2 ----------|   A | -------  F

buf3 ----------|   I   | -------  I

buf4 ----------|   C | ------- C

please note in above diagram, input is from RFIC and output should be routed to different buffers, i want to program the AIC to do the routing job to different buffers. does AIC provides a way to do routing to different buffers [please note, i don't want AIC to frame/package any of the incoming data]. If so, how to do it, please let me know?

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello RC REDDY,

The AIC DMA can be configured to unicast data to system memory only, and you can refer to the AIC_loopback demo(it is done with data written into system memory) in SDOS for this application purpose. The RDD field in the following register is the place you need to set

AIC_DMA_DMSR_parallel_Ln field descriptions (continued)

Field Description

8–7

RDD

Receive Data Destination. This field determines where the received IQ data will be written by DMA.

0x0 Unicast to system memory only

0x1 Unicast to MAPLE only

0x2 Multi Unicast to MAPLE and system memory

0x3 Reserved

As for the SDOS demo, you can set the above field in the following code snippet

aic_adi_lane_open_params.mode_select_flag = AIC_DMA_MODE_DOUBLE_BUFFER_MODE | AIC_DMA_MODE_RX_SAMPLE_WIDTH_16_BITS | AIC_DMA_MODE_TX_NO_ACK | AIC_DMA_MODE_RX_NO_ACK

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi Freescale Team,

I am awaiting your reply. please respond.

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello RC REDDY,

The AIC DMA can be configured to unicast data to system memory only, and you can refer to the AIC_loopback demo(it is done with data written into system memory) in SDOS for this application purpose. The RDD field in the following register is the place you need to set

AIC_DMA_DMSR_parallel_Ln field descriptions (continued)

Field Description

8–7

RDD

Receive Data Destination. This field determines where the received IQ data will be written by DMA.

0x0 Unicast to system memory only

0x1 Unicast to MAPLE only

0x2 Multi Unicast to MAPLE and system memory

0x3 Reserved

As for the SDOS demo, you can set the above field in the following code snippet

aic_adi_lane_open_params.mode_select_flag = AIC_DMA_MODE_DOUBLE_BUFFER_MODE | AIC_DMA_MODE_RX_SAMPLE_WIDTH_16_BITS | AIC_DMA_MODE_TX_NO_ACK | AIC_DMA_MODE_RX_NO_ACK

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi Freescale Team,

I am awaiting your reply. please respond.

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos