Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mbed drive not available FRDM-K22F

Jump to solution
coopertrooper
Contributor III

Hello everybody,

I recently acquired a FRDM-K22F eval board for the company. I have been trying for a couple of days to be able to write software to it.

I am having a hard time communicating with the device. I followed the instructions on the quick start guide.

If I understand correctly, the K22F is programed by dragging a make file into a storage drive called "mbed". When I first acquired the eval board, I was able to see this folder in My computer. However after following the instructions on the Quick Start Guide (FRDM_K22F_QSG.pdf), the last instruction asked me to update the bootloader to OpenSDA_V2.1. I booted the device in BOOTLOADER mode, copied the .bin from the openSDA website (V2.1) into the BOOTLOADER drive (as instructed), and disconnected/reconnected the cable. This is when the mbed drive disappeared from my computer.

At first I didnt really pay too much attention to it, as the serial comm changed to match the screenshot in the instructions. However now I have tried for a couple of days to load any program into the K22F, and none of the IDEs (codeWarriors and Kinetics Design Studio) I downloaded seem to be able to run anything (they all say "target not found" meaning they can't find the MCU).

I went to the debugging options to see if the software was able to detect the board, but no matter what connection I select (JLink or otherwise), I never get anything on the "PORT" dropdown.

That is when I read that in order to load a program into the board I need to copy the make file into the mbed drive, which is not there anymore.

I am at a loss here, that I can't even get a simple hello world program loaded into the mcu. Maybe the mbed is supposed to go away, or maybe I am doing something wrong in the design studio. I am just really confused at the moment as to how to get anything written on the board.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
coopertrooper
Contributor III

I seem to have fixed the issue of mbed not showing up. From this website I went to the next discussion that talks about OpenSDAV2.1, from there I downloaded the latest firmware, and that seems to have fixed the problem because mbed is now showing up again.

I will try again and see if I can load applications to it now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
coopertrooper
Contributor III

I seem to have fixed the issue of mbed not showing up. From this website I went to the next discussion that talks about OpenSDAV2.1, from there I downloaded the latest firmware, and that seems to have fixed the problem because mbed is now showing up again.

I will try again and see if I can load applications to it now.

0 Kudos