Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SDL Ethernet PHY compliance test.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have a question about i.MX6SDL BSP (both Linux and Android).

Is there some sample code for Ethernet PHY compliance test in BSP?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

I am afraid there are no such tests in BSPs,

however one can also try to contact Ethernet PHY vendors,

note i.MX6 has not internal Ethernet PHY and external

chips are used for such purpose.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

I am afraid there are no such tests in BSPs,

however one can also try to contact Ethernet PHY vendors,

note i.MX6 has not internal Ethernet PHY and external

chips are used for such purpose.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Rizam
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I am using IMX6Solo with RGMII phy KSZ9131 from Microchip. This PHY IC is not able to send random data packets or idle packets on its own as required for the Compliance tests. This is confirmed by Microchip FAE. In fact they ask me to ask NXP instead. My previous platform was using TI Phy DP83822 but TI Phy was able to generate these packets without the CPU (just need to set some MDIO register in the PHY). Since not all PHYs are created equal, is there a solution from NXP to somehow get IMX6Solo to be in debug/testmode so the MAC layer can send these data packets to the phy?

Best Regards,

Rizam

0 Kudos