cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK 1.1: ADC16 driver lacks ISR

giacomopetrini
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm trying to port a project started with KSDK1.0.0 (withoout PE) to KSDK 1.1.

Sisnce PE seems improved I started a new project in KDS 2.0.0 slowly adding components.

I've some issues with the ADC (renamed ADC16 in KSDK 1.1).

The Driver has no ISR.

I mean in Event.c a function is created ( void ADC0_irqHandler(void) ), but is empty and in fsl_adc16_driver.c there is not ADC_DRV_IRQHandler() as there was in KSDK 1.0.0.

And of course there no function to install a callback function for the ADC.

Is it normal or somebody at Freescale forgot to implement the code?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi gia,

About the KSDK 1.1.0,   without PE, the interrupt handler is in ""...\KSDK_1.1.0\platform\drivers\src\adc16\fsl_adc16_ipq.c";

with PE, the interrupt handler is in "Source ->  Events.c " .

Best Regard

Alice

0 Kudos

giacomopetrini
Contributor IV

Yes, but the beahviour changed from KSDK 1.0.0.

In KSDK 1.0.0 (with or without PE) you had the ISR handler already written (in fls_adc_driver.c ther was a ADC_DRV_IRQHandler() ), and you only had to install a callback funtion to get the converted values.

In KSDK 1.1.0  (with or without PE) you have the empty ADCn_IRQHandler() that you have to implement and no more callback function.

It's not a problem (just copied, pasted and slightly modified old Halndler) but old code will not work anymore.

It would have been interesting to have in the doc a detailed changelog from v.1.0.0.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For the ksdk1.1.0 is very different from ksdk1.0.0, and the driver are much different too.

So it hard transplant ksdk1.0.0 to ksdk1.1.0.

I recommend you recreate project if you want use ksdk1.1.0.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

DaveTonyCook
Contributor IV

Hi Alice,

This is the worse reply I've ever read. It seems half hearted.  I don't want to appear rude but I think everyone using the SDK knows that the two versions are very different, but this doesn't tell us anything.

This change should have been logged in the release note with an explanation of why it was required along with any other changes and known issues.  The question is what else has been changed.

I've updated to SDK 1.1.0 and have also run into this problem (costing me hours).  I'm now uncertain as to why these changes were necessary?  Are there known issue regarding the SDK V 1.0.0 adc code that we should be aware of?  What do the developers of the SDK have to say in this regard? Can you publish your own internal release notes etc...

I feel that freescale have a moral obligation to publish this information if not a legal one.

Do you know if Freescale have any intention of providing this information?

0 Kudos