BeeKit - BeeStack - ZigBee PRO

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BeeKit - BeeStack - ZigBee PRO

Ware
Contributor III

Does anyone know if the BeeStack (ZigBee 2006) codebase in Freescale's BeeKit will be upgraded to "ZigBee PRO" anytime soon?  Some of the added features seem like they could be pretty useful in a lot of applications.  The following list was copied from the latest ZigBee.org press release:

• Network Scalability – Improved support for larger networks offering more management, flexibility, performance choices
  • Fragmentation – New ability to divide longer messages and enable interaction with other protocols and systems
  • Frequency Agility – Networks dynamically change channels should interference occur
  • Automated Device Address Management – Optimized for large networks with added network management and configuration tools
  • Group Addressing – Offers additional traffic optimization needed for large networks
  • Wireless Commissioning – Enhanced with secure wireless commissioning capabilities
  • Centralized Data Collection – Tuned specifically to optimize information flow in large networks

http://zigbee.org/imwp/download.asp?ContentID=11900

Drool is forming at the corner of my mouth...  :smileytongue:

- Ware

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I
Does the total lack of response mean that Freescale has cooled on Zigbee's future?  That would be unfortunate; as I am now, finally, getting a lot of interest in Zigbee designs.
0 Kudos