MQX 4.1.1, Sustained Ethernet (TCP/IP) Speed on Vybrid VF6xx- Up to 500 MHz ARM Cortex A5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.1.1, Sustained Ethernet (TCP/IP) Speed on Vybrid VF6xx- Up to 500 MHz ARM Cortex A5

manjug
Contributor III

Can anyone share benchmarking information for sustained speed on the Ethernet port on the Vybrid VF6xx- Up to 500 MHz ARM Cortex A5?  I'm interested in:

- With MQX/RTCS

- TCP, UDP, and/or raw Ethernet packets.

I'm using MQX 4.1.1 TCP sockets to push packets over ethernet port.I need to measure the sustained speed for TCP sockets, both transmitting and receiving scenarios.Any Freescale software tool which can measure this ?

But I'm really trying to get a sense for what the underlying hardware is capable of without the software overhead.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manju,

Unfortunately we don´t have this information, however he have this info for the Kinetis k60, we use our FBENCH Throughput Benchmark tool. With this, we measure effective data throughput (effective data payload, excluding TCP_UDP/IP/Ethernet headers, checksums etc).

Per Freescale MQX 4.0.0 Release Notes:

<-- RTCS TCP/IP code has been updated and throughput has been improved. o Measured by Freescale FNET fBench tool: TCP TX~11Mbps; TCP RX~5Mbps; UDP TX ~25Mbps; UDP RX~24Mbps tested with TWRK60D100@96Mhz board at default configuration. -->

This is on K60DN512 96 MHz, you should get more on Vybrid thanks to operation frequency and CPU cache.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos