Problem creating project for MPC8313E using CodeWarrior 8.8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating project for MPC8313E using CodeWarrior 8.8

drnewman
Contributor I
I have recently purchased the MPC8313E-RDB reference design board and installed the CodeWarrior Development Studio which came with it.  I am using Windows XP, SP2.

Using the EPPC New Project Wizard which comes with it I am unable to create a project using the EPPC Linux Gnu Linker.  I choose Application C on the Application & Language dialog and gcc-3.4.3-glibc-2.3.3-spe on the GCC Toolchains dialog.  When the Target dialog appears there are no processors to choose.  If next is chosen at this point an error dialog with a title of "EPPCStationaryWizard" appears with the following text "You have to select a remote connection from the list of available ones."
The installed projects are listed as
"CW Dev Studio, Power Architecture, Professional Edition, v8.8, Build 70228" and
"CW Dev Studio, Power Architecture, Linux Applications Edition, v8.8, Build 70228"

I am able to open the example project Beginners.mcp and use this to compile code which executes on the MPC8313E-RDB.  The file generated by this project was copied to the development board using tftp.

Can anyone tell me what needs to be changed to allow the EPPC New Project Wizard to be used to create new projects which target this board.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

you are probably using an early version of the tools, FYI I'm using build 70612 and the problem you are describing cannot be reproduced.

In order to get access to the latest beta drop of CW 8.8 I would suggest to touch base with a FSL sale representative and request an early access to the beta drops.

Hope this helps...

best regards

0 Kudos

drnewman
Contributor I
I received build 70829 and it fixed this issue
0 Kudos