cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4240 not booting properly on CW

davidcchung
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have been trying to load RCW and uboot from SPI flash on the T4240 Rev. 1.  However it does not boot properly on Code Warrior.  I do not see any boot messages.  I tried fixing it by adding a PBI command which causes GPIO switching activity after copying uboot to CPC1 memory.  I see GPIO activity on the oscilloscope during boot attempts, but afterwards there is a PBI Flush command at which point the process stalls.  I am now attempting to establish debug connection using JTAG, using Code Warrior 10.3.3 and USB TAP.  This solution once worked for another project that used the P4080D, but on the T4240 I am getting a scan timeout error.  How can I establish connection to the T4240?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

Previously a customer reported a similar problem regarding T4240RDB Rev1 connecting to CW.

Please check whether this thread would be helpful for you i am getting "Failed to configure the JTAG chain" when trying to test RCW Override functionality of ....

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

Saul_Salazar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Create a Code Warrior project and replace the standard configuration script with “T4240RDB_init_sram.tcl”.  The script has to be copied to the projects CGF folder and Debug Configuration Download has to be edited to accommodate the script.  Then override the RCW.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For T4240 Rev1, rcw location is not supported to be in flash devices. Only i2c/sd location is supported. So, using CodeWarrior will not help in this situation, since CodeWarrior don't support i2c/sd programming.

Adrian   

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Did you use a custom board? Or a board from Freeecale (QDS ot RDB)?

Adrian

0 Kudos