python-pip produces a package that cannot compile source packages

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

python-pip produces a package that cannot compile source packages

dominicamann
Contributor III

The python-pip_1.3.1.bb recipe produces a valid python package that cannot be used on the target platform to install python modules from source, because I assume it embeds the name of the cross compiler somewhere in it, since that is what it tries to use. On the target platform it would need to use (probably) just gcc. Here is the output on running pip on the target platform.

writing manifest file 'Lib/python_ldap.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'

running build_ext

building '_ldap' extension

creating build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7

creating build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/Modules

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9 -D__SOFTFP__ -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DHAVE_SASL -DHAVE_TLS -DHAVE_LIBLDAP_R -DHAVE_LIBLDAP_R -DLDAPMODULE_VERSION=2.4.18 -IModules -I/opt/openldap/include -I/usr/include/sasl -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c Modules/LDAPObject.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/Modules/LDAPObject.o

unable to execute arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc: No such file or directory

error: command 'arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Command /usr/bin/python -c "import setuptools;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-root/python-ldap/setup.py';exec(compile(open(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-IwWpDL-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-root/python-ldap
Storing complete log in /home/root/.pip/pip.log
Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you try to 'export' the PATH for the arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc?

0 Kudos

dominicamann
Contributor III

I think the problem is that 'arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc' is not (and should not) be installed on the target. That sounds like a cross compiler name, used on the host. When I compile on the target I would expect the compiler to be cc or gcc.

It seems somehow that python-pip package 'bakes' this path into its configuration on build.

0 Kudos