AnsweredAssumed Answered

python-pip produces a package that cannot compile source packages

Question asked by Dominic Amann on Jan 9, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2015 by Dominic Amann

The python-pip_1.3.1.bb recipe produces a valid python package that cannot be used on the target platform to install python modules from source, because I assume it embeds the name of the cross compiler somewhere in it, since that is what it tries to use. On the target platform it would need to use (probably) just gcc. Here is the output on running pip on the target platform.

writing manifest file 'Lib/python_ldap.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'

running build_ext

building '_ldap' extension

creating build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7

creating build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/Modules

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9 -D__SOFTFP__ -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DHAVE_SASL -DHAVE_TLS -DHAVE_LIBLDAP_R -DHAVE_LIBLDAP_R -DLDAPMODULE_VERSION=2.4.18 -IModules -I/opt/openldap/include -I/usr/include/sasl -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c Modules/LDAPObject.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/Modules/LDAPObject.o

unable to execute arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc: No such file or directory

error: command 'arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Command /usr/bin/python -c "import setuptools;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-root/python-ldap/setup.py';exec(compile(open(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-IwWpDL-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-root/python-ldap
Storing complete log in /home/root/.pip/pip.log

Outcomes