cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from CodeWarrior/EWL to KDS2.0/KSDK V 1.1

Jump to solution
thoborawski
Contributor II

I have a project that was started with CodeWarrior V10.5 with the embedded workshop library (EWL). I am looking for the fastest way possible to port it to KDS 2.0/KSDK 1.1. I would like

to use our existing kinetis_sysinit boot code.

I looked at the Kinetis Design Studio V2.0.0 Porting User Guide, but that only the process of using KDS 2.0 with the existing EWL libraries, not porting a CodeWarrior/EWL project to  KDS 2.0/KSDK 1.1.  Is there a guide of porting CodeWarrior/EWL to KDS/KSDK ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tho,

there is CW to KDS porting guide under C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\doc\pdf\kds_porting_guide.pdf

I will attached it to this thread for your convenience.

Erich ever posted a useful document about  "Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio". I think it could be also useful to you.

Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

=================================================

this answe is for you. if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. Thanks!

==================================================

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tho,

there is CW to KDS porting guide under C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\doc\pdf\kds_porting_guide.pdf

I will attached it to this thread for your convenience.

Erich ever posted a useful document about  "Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio". I think it could be also useful to you.

Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

=================================================

this answe is for you. if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. Thanks!

==================================================

0 Kudos
thoborawski
Contributor II

The "Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio" link was very useful. Thank You.

I had assumed our KDS 2.0 installation was setup to use newlib; however, I found that it was using newlib-nano by default. There are still many significant changes to make to a Codewarrior/EWL project to move it to KDS2.0/newlib-nano that make the effort time-consuming. The reason we were considering it was that A) KDS is free and B) Codewarrior will be no longer updated (in favor of KDS).

We were told at a recent Kinetis training session that Codewarrior will be sidelined in favor of KDS in the future.

Again, thank you for the useful information.

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tho,

you are welcome!

thank you for your attention to Freescale product!

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

0 Kudos