cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable RTOS startup code in KDS

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear sir,

I am using Kinetic development studio.If i am using processor expert .There is automatically comes with RTOS start up.How to disable RTOS startup initialization in KDS.Because Now i dont using RTOS facility.If i comment this RTOS init lines,and i changed some code in cpu.c. then build the code ,Its working.But after some time i try to bulid the code.there is coming window says that starting RTOS startup.and they change out modified cpu.c to original starting one.the my modified cpu.c gone.Thats y i am asking how to disable RTOS startup.I am using processor expert because i want some basic file .Because if i am using processor expert i get some source file that similar to example code that help me to study the controller initilisation.Thank you

Labels (1)
4 Replies

danielcheng
Contributor II

I am running into the same problem.  I deleted the code following your suggestion. However, when I tried to rebuild the project,  a warning message as below  popped up. the code was then automatically added into the module and also change the modified CPU.c back to the default one.  I am using KDS 3.2.0. Any setting needs to be changed in my IDE?  

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

You don't have to remove

#ifdef PEX_RTOS_START

PEX_RTOS_START();                  /* Startup of the selected RTOS. Macro is defined by the RTOS component. */

#endif

because as long you are not using any RTOS, this will do nothing, and can be ignored.

If you really want that your files are not changed, you can disable code generation for it, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/03/23/disable-my-code-generation/

I hope this helps,

Erich

danielcheng
Contributor II

Thank you. it works for me now.

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lijo Francis,

If you have no definition (#define PEX_RTOS_START) of RTOS, the code thanks these lines

#ifdef PEX_RTOS_START

PEX_RTOS_START();                  /* Startup of the selected RTOS. Macro is defined by the RTOS component. */

#endif

cannot launch RTOS.

Best Regards,

Iva