"Build Selected File(s)" grayed out

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Build Selected File(s)" grayed out

tharonhall
Contributor IV

I am using KDS 2.0 and in a KSDK / Processor Expert project. "Build Selected File(s)" is always grayed out. I thought it might be an Eclipse issue, but from my research it may have to do with settings done when the project was generated.

Does anyone know of workaround or fix to get this working?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In addition to that, I wrote a few troubleshooting tips on the subject to build or clean selected files:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/05/26/build-and-clean-selected-files-in-eclipse-cdt/

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

On my side, I can select files and do "Buid Selected Files(s)", and it is not grayed out:

pastedImage_0.png

But of course only select files which are 'buildable' (e.g. do not select header files, as they on their own are not buildable). So select e.g. only *.c or *.cpp files.

Maybe this is the problem you see (that you have selected files which cannot be built)?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

tharonhall
Contributor IV

Nope. I am only selecting .c and .cpp files but "Build Selected File(s)" never becomes available, even though I am 100% certain I am building them when I build the project. :smileysad:

Hmm.... I re-imported the project to get the SVN status picked up by my Subclipse plug-in and the behavior is different. I selected my "Thread.cpp" file and "Build Selected File(s)" was not grayed out, but when I tried it I got a pop up message saying "The chosen operation is not enabled.". :smileysad:

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I can say that it works for me. I'm using Windows (7, 64bit, but this should not matter) with a project created by KDS.

It works for me with all the projects I have created as far as I can tell. Not sure what should be different for your projects.

You can find my projects on GitHub, e.g. https://github.com/ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse/tree/master/Examples/KDS

Using SVN should not matter (I had used SVN in the past and it worked for me there too).

Erich

0 Kudos