Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI Query

Jump to solution
carlosomarharoc
Contributor II

Hi!

I have some questions  about SPI function

With the SPI working in bidirectional mode. ¿Can I send dates to the slaves and can receive dates from slaves?

I don't know if I explained

I really appreciate your help

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, if the SPI module supports single-wire bidirectional mode it works just like the normal SPI mode but using just one pin in master mode and slave mode in this case MOMI for master and SISO for SLAVE. Please refer to the section MOSI — Master Data Out, Slave Data In and MISO — Master Data In, Slave Data Out in the reference manual there you can check the information how the SPI lines behave when bidirectional mode is activated.

Here you can see a table that compares Normal Mode and Bidirectional Mode

spi mode 8 bits.jpg

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, if the SPI module supports single-wire bidirectional mode it works just like the normal SPI mode but using just one pin in master mode and slave mode in this case MOMI for master and SISO for SLAVE. Please refer to the section MOSI — Master Data Out, Slave Data In and MISO — Master Data In, Slave Data Out in the reference manual there you can check the information how the SPI lines behave when bidirectional mode is activated.

Here you can see a table that compares Normal Mode and Bidirectional Mode

spi mode 8 bits.jpg

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
carlosomarharoc
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks Adrian. I cheked the reference manual in MOSI and MISO. I solve the configuration for SPI.

Now i have some code acoording of SPI in single-wire bidirectional mode.

Just need testing it, thanks for reply.

Regards!

0 Kudos