KDS 2.0 and KSDK 1.1 KDSK+MQX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 2.0 and KSDK 1.1 KDSK+MQX

w2vy
Contributor V

I am slowly coming up to speed with KDS/KSDK...

My ultimate goal is move a project I was working on maybe 2yrs ago with CW10 and MQX into KDS/KSDK.

I started looking at some of the demos (like web server) but they seem to need MQX installed

After a bunch of digging and edits to this post...

I discovered if I create a KDS project that selects "Kinetis SDK" and "Processor Expert"

I can look at the OS component "osa1:fsl_os_abstraction" and set the OS to MQX_KSDK

I then get a range of Lightweight APIs (maybe recently known as mqx_lite?)

The SDK then gives support to all the devices on the chips.

While I do try doing a Hello World app, I wonder what else I might need to do basic socket communications.

the "fsl_enet" Component has a range of APIs, but I doubt that TCP/IP is included...

Do I need a Full MQX release to get the TCP/IP stack?

Ironically as I write this I realize that my first project can survive on just UDP, but my current code is written to use sockets.

A stack is still the best way to go for sockets...

Tom

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tom Moulton,

if you will be interested in lwIP TCPIP Stack, you can look at the documentation on

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\doc file lwIP TCPIP Stack and Kinetis SDK Integration User’'s Guide.pdf

chapter 5.4 Step-by-step guide for the Kinetis Design Studio IDE

I hope it helps,

Iva

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom Moulton,

for TCP/IP you can use the MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK. It is called RTCS and it is for Ethernet Communication.

If you installed the package, here you have some examples C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\tcpip\rtcs\examples

And I include the MQX Software Comparison from our pages Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale

Which package you need according to your chip

mqx.png

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

My understanding is: RTCS (Real-time Communication Sute) is not supported in MQX Lite.

0 Kudos