cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SetOperationMode of various components

astdom01
Contributor III

Hi all

As I see I can enable the functions XX_SetOperationMode of nearly all components. I don't see the meaning of this function - it seams be connectec with clock gateing somehow. Maybe I can use a different clock in dirrerent modes for the components. In the ProcessorExport guide is not written much about it:

"Each LDD component define two methods related to the low power capability – SetOperationMode() and GetDriverState(). For more details, refer to the documentation of components."

and I dont find much more information in documentatin of the components. Does anyone know more about these functions - for example when I have to use them?

Thank you for any hint.

Best regards, Dominic

0 Kudos
1 Reply

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dominic,

Basically the SetOperationMode method is implemented for CPU component and allows entering of low power modes. You can find detailed description of these operation modes in the document Operation modes in Processor Expert

Other Processor Expert LDD components also implement this function but these component usually just set the clock gate based on requested mode, e.g. ADC_LDD (DOM_RUN operation mode enable the clock gate and DOM_STOP disable the clock gate; other modes are not supported).

If you need additional information about a PEx component don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos