cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to program Kinetis Kwikstik using KDS

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

We are using Kinetis Kwikstik Board Using KDS.I write program to high on one pin of microcontroller Mk40Dx256Zxxx10.Build OK.But Not able flash that code. On console there is "

SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V4.88a - Terminal output channel

Connection closed by the GDB server."

and one warning "

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
Breakpoint attribute problem: installation failedmain.c/start_4/Sources48C/C++ Breakpoint Problem

"

But i didnt add any break points.It stuck somewhere.The pin i programmed not become high.i dont know what to do next .Thank for ur support

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Lijo,

I recommend  you firstly create a simple project , then build and debug.

And be sure the debug configration is correct :

pastedImage_0.png

if it still can't debug, you can send your project to me , i will test on my side.

Best regards

Alice

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear sir,

I attached some response from our IDE after flash

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi LIjo,

After I check your "start_2" project ,  I only change here :

then , i can debug and run .  It work well .

pastedImage_1.png

So , your project has no  problem .

Some suggestion :

1) Please Link this USB  on board

pastedImage_2.png

2) only set one breakpoint like me .

Look at whether it can stop at the breakpoint.

Alice

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear Sir

The debugging mode is working .But I cant RUN and flash.may be some setting problem or not I don’t know.The error is that Lauching test_2 debug has encountered problem

Details

Error starting process.

Cannot run program "F:\hart\workspace\test_2\Debug\test_2.elf": Launching failed

Cannot run program "F:\hart\workspace\test_2\Debug\test_2.elf": Launching failed

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi LIjo,

Please attachment how do you flash the " start_2 "step by step ( it better use screenshot ), then I can reproduce the error.

Alice

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

Debug mode is working .But I cant run that code.I attached debug and Run configuration.I have doubt Run configuration There is no JTAG Setting is there

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lijo,

Your attach  configuration is the same withe me , and it can run on my side.

Restart your kds , restart the board , then test.

I confuse sth.

1) when set a breakpiont  as I said above,  does it can run and stop the breakpoint ?

2) "The PIN configured as output goes high"  what is mean ? which PIN ?

Alice

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear sir

I don’t know what is the reason.In Debug mode the code downloaded and its working.That is code downloaded to RAM area .Its working.but it cant loaded to flash area .lauching has encountered problem error message coming on RUN mode.

0 Kudos

PatriciaTeran
Contributor III

Hi, Lijo

Are you still having the same problem?

Regards

Patricia

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear sir,

The attached file.

Firstly I Build the program Then I check using debug mode.Its working The PIN configured as ouput goes high.Then I go Run mode via RUN configuration window. Then RUN.then error comes launching failed

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear sir,

The previous code that I sent to you is same problem.

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

After flash elf file, I think it stuck at Initclock .The same code working using codewarrior Development studio.But using KDE it not works .

The running code I loaded using codewarrior is erased when flashed using kde but code not running.and on console says that GDB closed TCP/IP connection

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

I attached two projects.One with using processor expert.One problem found using this kit is that, from Usb cable it cannot take power .So we externally supply 5V to this pin .actually I think that it is flashed ,but may be some internally interrupt causes to stuck somewhere in loop.Thank you for your response

0 Kudos