cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto customize toolchain - add mvf_sema4.h

kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hello,

I'm working on a dual-core application using the mcc library to communicate between MQX (M4) and Yocto-based Linux (A5). Hence the linux-side application has to include <linux/mcc_config.h>, which includes <linux/mvf_sema4.h>. This file does not populate to the toolchain though (I used the following command):

bitbake my-qte-image -c populate_sdk

I did not manage to find out how to configure what files should come into SDK, the Yocto documentation is basically to complicated.

I know I can manually copy the file to the sysroot so I can build my app (as adviced at Colibri VF61 Real-Time Demo (XY Pen Plotter), where they meet the same issue), but I need to find an automated solution so I can add the app to my custom image, and it builds fully automatically.

Can someone, perhaps OtavioSalvador, please point out how to tweak SDK generation to populate requested file?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

falstaff
Senior Contributor I

Fwiw, in case you use Toradex' latest BSP, we switched to a mainline based 3.18 kernel. During this process, we also made some modification on MCC kernel module, see toradex/mcc-kmod · GitHub. Therefor we also use a custom receipt to build the kernel module.  But I don't think that this makes a difference when it comes to the SDK chagnes. To get rid of the mvf_sema4.h dependency is probably the right way, we'll have a look into that.

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

The patches I sent to meta-fsl-arm seem applicable there. By the way, it'd be good if you could contribute this to meta-fsl-arm so we'd have a more consistent BSP environment for Vybrid use?

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

The inclusion of the kernel header is through the module. The kernel-module-mcc-dev package is now a dependency of libmcc-dev and the mcc_config.h has been change to not include mvf_sema4.h as it seem to be an internal header.

So far, I think all issues are going to be fixed soon in meta-fsl-arm and the patches has been sent for testing / review.    

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you  help with this case?

0 Kudos