AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bitbake recipe error using procedure in IMXLXYOCTOUG.pdf and IMX6YOCTOPATCHRN.pdf

Question asked by Scott Kerstein on Jan 2, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 by gabriele74

Hello,

I'm seeing an Bitbake error using the procedure outlined in the above documents attempting to Bitbake fsl-image-gui for SABRE-SDP

-Werror -isystem/home/scott/fsl-release-bsp/build-sabre-fsl-image-gui/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/include -O2 -pipe -c /home/scott/fsl-release-bsp/build-sabre-fsl-image-gui/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/binutils-native/2.23.2-r4/binutils-2.23.2/bfd/linker.c -o linker.o

| cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

| Makefile:1579: recipe for target 'opncls.lo' failed

| make[4]: *** [opncls.lo] Error 1

| make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/scott/fsl-release-bsp/build-sabre-fsl-image-gui/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/binutils-native/2.23.2-r4/temp/log.do_compile.3999)

ERROR: Task 1062 (virtual:native:/home/scott/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils_2.23.2.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 512 tasks of which 316 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:

virtual:native:/home/scott/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils_2.23.2.bb, do_compile

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

scott@ubuntu:~/fsl-release-bsp/build-sabre-fsl-image-gui$

The log file is attached for further viewing.  I believe that I have installed all of the necessary host packages per the documents, and the Yocto Project QSG.   I have checked for updates and none needed.

What is missing?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Original Attachment has been moved to: log.do_compile.3999.zip

Outcomes