Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB host communication with more devices

Jump to solution
Luky
Contributor II

Hi,

I will develop a new project and I need to communicate between one USB host device (maybe Kinetis K or KL) and more devices (8bit MC9S08JS16). Devices will connect to USB host over USB HUB. This is my idea. I haven´t had any experience with USB Stack yet. I need to know if it is possible. Thanks for the answer.

Lukas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lukas,

I don't think your scheme could achieve.

Selecting a KL or K series MCU as the USB host device can handle the devices whose total number is based on the USB modules the USB host contains under without using the USB HUB.

In another word, if you want to the USB host device communicate with three or more devices, it can't work it out certainly.

Hope the reply helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lukas,

I don't think your scheme could achieve.

Selecting a KL or K series MCU as the USB host device can handle the devices whose total number is based on the USB modules the USB host contains under without using the USB HUB.

In another word, if you want to the USB host device communicate with three or more devices, it can't work it out certainly.

Hope the reply helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos