cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU for i.MX53 for Android 4.2.2

Rajput1z
Contributor II

Hi

I ported Android 4.2.2 to a custom board with i.MX53.

I have taken android source code from i.mx6 android_jb4.2.2_1.1.0-ga_source , and compiled for imx53 smd. and modified the kernel as well as android for my custom board and booted, it is successfully booted and i have ported the peripherals like , camera ,codec, usb , wifi,bt etc .., all r working fine. But coming to the gpu i am facing issue . From android UI if i am trying to open any shortcut apps icon , its opening fine , but if i am entering into Apps menu ,and from there i am trying to open any apps,icon is flickering/disappearing and then opens up , Plz check the attached video FYR. and plz advise me what could be the reason and how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Rajput.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rajput

please check below available Android releases

Android OS for i.MX Applications Processors|Freescale

i.MX53 Quick Start Board|Freescale

note i.MX6 and i.MX53 have different GPUs.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Rajput1z
Contributor II

Hai igor,

Thanks for replying.

I verified the link as u suggested above.

as i mentioned above my launcher Apps are crashing, and i have fixed crashing problem by disabling android:hardwareAccelerated="false" in Launcher2 AndroidManifest.xml  file , But now i am facing different problem , UI performance is very poor. please advise me how to improve whole UI performance .

Regards,

Rajput.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rajput.

I am afraid Android 4.2.2 for i.MX53 is not available.

Also porting Android for other processor is too big job for

any kind of forum activity. Suggest to work on that with local FAE.

~igor

0 Kudos