Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions in KDS: asm

Jump to solution
kehanqin-b46569
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1.I encountered a issue that KDS said cannot build successful with “undefined reference asm”, may I avoid it by change some setting of KDS?

18086_18086.png2.png

2. Back to CW when during debug, I can add any global variables as I want into the"variable window", with "refresh while Running", can use it to monitor some datar, for example,read I2C values:

18087_18087.png1.png

But the add option always disable in kds, only I can put them into the expression window, where I could see the values changed after suspend the porgram running.

Is kds removed this function? If not, how to fix it?

18088_18088.png3.png

18089_18089.png4.png

thanks so much!!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Let me try to address your questions:

1. You need to add two underscores before the asm ( __asm). Please refer HERE for more detail.
  2. The ‘Live View‘ feature is a CodeWarrior specific extension, and not supported in stock Eclipse Kepler/CDT as used in Kinetis Design Studio. Adding global variables to the variables view is not supported (Remember that Eclipse moved to the DSF (Debugger Services Framework)), the workaround is to use the Expressions view as you mentioned. For more detail refer HERE.

Cheers,

Antonio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Let me try to address your questions:

1. You need to add two underscores before the asm ( __asm). Please refer HERE for more detail.
  2. The ‘Live View‘ feature is a CodeWarrior specific extension, and not supported in stock Eclipse Kepler/CDT as used in Kinetis Design Studio. Adding global variables to the variables view is not supported (Remember that Eclipse moved to the DSF (Debugger Services Framework)), the workaround is to use the Expressions view as you mentioned. For more detail refer HERE.

Cheers,

Antonio

0 Kudos
kehanqin-b46569
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you!

0 Kudos