KL46Z - Burned MCU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL46Z - Burned MCU

igorlalik
Contributor II

I want to know why, when I charge KL46Z by battery 7,2V into pin P5-9V which has a stabilizator, my MCU burned !!?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Igor:

What pin P5-9V are you referring to? Is this the J3[16] pin in the FRDM-KL46Z?

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

igorlalik
Contributor II

Hello Jorge!

Thanks for answer! Exactly, i used J3[16] pin to connect battery and on green board also was connected servo and 2 motors. I used it in that combination for 2 days and today i heard quik click and smell of burning element. I thought that was MCU, because it was very hot. Now when i charge board by USB, only MCU is getting hot and i can't flash program into board, because of error: No Debug Unit Device found. I don't know if that MCU is burned or something else. If you know what it might be please help :smileyhappy:

Regards!

2014-12-23 20.09.35.jpg

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Igor:

You are right, sorry, my previous comment was misleading. U1 should indeed regulate the P5-9V input.

Your picture does not show the problem. It is strange that it was working for 2 days and suddenly crashed.

I am not familiar with the Freescale Cup board or the hardware connections, you may post your issue to the University Programs space.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos