Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL05Z Example LED_Blink debug not possible

Jump to solution
abergman
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm new in freedom KL05Z. Started with Quicksrtart Package and updated Bootloader to v1.11 and PEMicro App to 1.14. After that installed CodeWarrior 10.6, imported Projekt LED-Blink.

After that build the project without errors. Only an information in the console was occured:

**** Build of configuration FLASH for project LED_Blink ****

"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Freescale\\CW MCU v10.6\\gnu\\bin\\mingw32-make" -j16 all

mingw32-make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

But when debug, there is following error:

Error creating session: Invalid target type selection in connection "LED_Blink_FLASH_OpenSDA"

I don't know how to solve the problem. I did everything step by step what is descriped in quickstart guide.

Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello a bergman:

After checking your original post and searching in our system, the problem is caused by installing CodeWarrior in the Program Files(x86) folder. Try uninstalling and installing CW v10.6 again in the default path (C:\Freescale\).

I could not find a specific explanation of this, but it seems Eclipse (the base of CodeWarrior) has problems with long paths in Windows 7 platforms, while it works OK in Windows XP.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello a bergman:

Can you point me to which example project you imported?

The error implies that such project is not for KL05. Try verifying this in Run -> Debug Configurations -> Edit -> Edit. Check the attached video for reference.

PS. Please always post to a specialized community space, such as CodeWarrior for MCU. Otherwise your questions have low visibility and nobody answers.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

abergman
Contributor II

Thanks for your helpfull answer.

I imported the example LED_Blink from package KL05-SC (KL05-SC\klxx-sc-baremetal\build\cw\LED_Blink).

And yes, there is no target selected. But when I want to choose one, there are nothing to choose.

Therefore I looked in the path Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/... . No config-file for  MKL05Z32VFM4 in there. Where do I get the target from?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello a bergman:

That is strange. I imported the same project and the target appeared in my case. From your picture it seems you clicked on the "Edit" button., but to select a target you have to click on the little black arrow as in the next image:

Targets_list.png

If the list is empty, then something might've gone wrong with CodeWarrior installation. Try a complete reinstall with administrator privileges and if possible with any antivirus or firewalls disabled.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

abergman
Contributor II

Hey Jorge_Gonzales,

thanks for your help, but nothing has changed.

I uninstalled everything from CW, also the example Code. Then I downloaded the CW installer from here:

https://freescale.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=5901381

and did the full installation. After that I imported the example project...and the same errors occured.

Thanks

Anne

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello a bergman:

After checking your original post and searching in our system, the problem is caused by installing CodeWarrior in the Program Files(x86) folder. Try uninstalling and installing CW v10.6 again in the default path (C:\Freescale\).

I could not find a specific explanation of this, but it seems Eclipse (the base of CodeWarrior) has problems with long paths in Windows 7 platforms, while it works OK in Windows XP.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

abergman
Contributor II

Hello Jorge Gonzalez,

thank you very much for your kind help.

Nice regards Anne

0 Kudos