cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K40 with IAR getting started

pavsh
Contributor I

Hi all,

I have the TWR-K40X256 board and J-link Jtag.

What file i need to download and what configuration i need to do at the project in order to download it to the MCU and not run at simulator mode?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

pavsh
Contributor I

this are the error i see:

Sat Dec 20 18:43:09 2014: Fatal error: Supply voltage too low (1 Volt is required, Measured: 0.2 Volt). Please check target power. CPU not halted   Session aborted!

Sat Dec 20 18:43:09 2014: Failed to load flash loader: C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 5.4 Evaluation\arm\config\flashloader\Freescale\FlashK60Xxxx.out

Sat Dec 20 18:43:09 2014: Failed to load flash loader: C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 5.4 Evaluation\arm\config\flashloader\Freescale\FlashK60Xxxx.flash

0 Kudos

larryc
Contributor II

Hi Pavel:

I would first try applying power to the board via the power supply connector (almost any USB on the TWR should power your board).

What are you using for SW with the Jlink?  IAR, Keil, CW?  Also, what is your "getting started" project?  All these would help.

Also try setting the flag to power the target from the Jlink.

Good luck

Larry

0 Kudos

larryc
Contributor II

Pavel:

Sorry I missed you were using IAR EWARM.  Under your project, right click on I in the workspace area, the Options, General, Library config.

I would start with NORMAL and Semihosted at the bottom.  I use this on new projects.  It sort of intercepts some low level calls (ie uart IO) and sends the output to the debugger terminal window so you can get board output up ASAP.

If you want to run completely from flash, like a real product, the select Normal, None (vs semi-hosted).  Then you'll have to provide your own low level UART io from your BSP/SDK and write a little code to glue that into printf to get serial output.

The other config file (.icf) file shouldn't need to be changed.  That tells the linked where your code will flash to and where RAM is on your board.  You can also add link level defines for specific sections of code to live at fixed addresses.

Good luck,

Larry

0 Kudos