Is there a sensor can be measured with human distance of 0-6 meters?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

陈陈
Contributor I

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It's true that you can certainly use our Touch sensors for proximity detection, the distance to be detected by the sensor mainly depends on the size and shape of the electrode, however, distance up to 6 meters a big challenge and I don't think that it can be possible, but, trying with different electrode sizes and shapes will help you achieve the sensitivity needed, the bigger the electrode, the higher the sensitivity.

To measure distance and proximity in a larger distance range I would usually recommend to use an ultrasonic sensor or infrared sensors instead, however the distance you are trying to measure (up to 6 meters) it’s too big, so I’m thinking that the solution that could be helpful for your application it’s a radar sensor/system for proximity detection. Unfortunately we do not have any radar sensor in Freescale for this kind of applications, so I do not have a specific part number to give.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos