Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL36 LCD application

allenwong
Contributor II

Hello,

According to this document, it stated that:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/ref_manual/KL36P121M48SF4RM.pdf

VIREG maximum should never be externally driven to any level other than VDD - 0.15 V

Does this mean, we can select the VIREG other than the 1.0V as mentioned in the datasheet?

Customer try to use KL36 to drive a 5V LCD segment display and she is trying to use internal charge pump features.

Please help on this.

Thanks.

4 Replies

allenwong
Contributor II

Hello Hui_Ma,

Thanks a lot.

Some how, the KL36 technical manual might need to revised. And also I found out the diagram in the KL36 reference manual is confusing also:

It stated the VDD is specified between 2.7V to 5.5V which should be revised if KL36 series is not able to drive a 5V LCD segment display.

KL36 Ref Manual.png

I do check the K30 technical manual and it is clear on how we can set the VLL1, VLL2 and VLL3 voltage to drive a 5V LCD segment display here:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/K30P81M100SF2V2RM.pdf

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Allen,

Yes, you are right. The Figure 42-43 in KL36 reference manual with incorrect info.

I will let document team know and figure it out.

Thank you for the notification.

Best regards,

Ma Hui

0 Kudos

allenwong
Contributor II

Hello Ma Hui,

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

The KL36 data sheet and technical reference manual need to state clearly that it cannot be used to drive 5V LCD segment display which is a bit confusing to the customer.

Thanks for your fast response regarding this and I appreciate your help in this.

Regards,
Allen

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Allen,

KL36 SLCD module could not support 5V LCD segment display.

Customer can consider to use K30_72MHz product as a replacement.

More detailed info, please check below link:

K30_72 |Kinetis K30 72 MHz MCUs|Freescale

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------