cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eglibc error

scottwhitney
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to build the root-file-system for my device, but the compilation fails at eglibc.  The error I get is: 

ERROR: Task 39 (meta-fsl-ppc-toolchain/recipes-devtools/eglibc/eglibc_2.15.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

I have googled this error and have seen some discussion that there is a problem with make version 3.82.  I checked and we are using GNU make 3.81.  Has anyone else seen this problem?  Thanks, scott

0 Kudos
4 Replies

scottwhitney
Contributor I

Yiping,

Thanks for the reply.  I was trying to download the SDK V1.6 SDK cache iso, but my company's firewall prevented me from it.  When I got home to download it I found only V1.7.  Do you know where I might be able to find older versions of the SDK?   Thanks, Scott

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Scott Whitney,

I have transcended SDK 1.6 Cache binary ISO for e5500 to you, please pay attention to your email.

SDK 1.6 Cache ISOs are removed from the public Website, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Thank,

Yiping

0 Kudos

scottwhitney
Contributor I

Yiping,

I have tried to download the SDK 1.6 Cache binary ISO, but it consistently stops at about 1.8 GB of the total 3.3 GB file size.  I tried emailing Carlos Costa and calling him.  The phone number seems incorrect.  Would you help?  Thanks, Scott

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Scott Whitney,

GNU make 3.81 is OK, I also use this version make on my build server.

Would you please provide the build console log including the error message?

Or please attach the log file log.do_compile.xxx in build_<platform>_release/tmp/work/ppce5500-fsl-linux-gnuspe/eglibc/2.15-r3/temp.

Actually no need to build eglibc from the scratch, please install both Source and Cache binary(for your processor arch) ISOs.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos