Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.6: adding pre-build script causes duplicate makefile targets

pbanta
Contributor IV

CW 10.6

MQX 4.1

Kinetis K70

I have a pre-build script that I have used with CW10.3 with no problems for several years.  The script increments a build number in a header file.  I'm migrating to CW10.6 and when I add the pre-build script I can see CW 10.6 adding duplicate build artifact targets to the makefile.  One target is correct.  The other is empty.  The result is that the compilation does NOT produce a build artifact and I can't launch my debug configuration because of the missing build artifact.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

michael_reese
Contributor I

Hi,

is there a solution for that Bug? We have the same problem.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I've create an example where I'm using a re-build file.

This will delete a file in source folder and copy a backup file to source folder.

This is working fine.

Please can you provide us more details showing the problem ?

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

WolfgangW
Contributor I

Hi,

I am having the same problem. What kind of information is needed to reproduce it on your side? The complete project might be a bit huge, and I don't want to disclose it either.

Attached is the .cproject file of the project in question. This runs fine in CW 10.4, but with CW 10.6 on my colleague's machine I get multiple makefile entries for SmartLED-III.elf. The first one seems OK but the latter two are empty, which obviously causes the build to fail. As soon as I remove the pre-build entry, the build works in CW 10.6, too.

As CW 10.6 refuses to work on my machine (Java crap again?), testing may be a bit slower, though...

Best regards,
Wolfgang

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wolfgang,

sorry for the delay.

Attached you will find the example I'm using.

Pascal

0 Kudos