How to capture 1080i Video on CSI port without using BT1120 mode ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture 1080i Video on CSI port without using BT1120 mode ?

ottob
Contributor IV

Hi there, We are already capturing SD NTSC/PAL video using BT656 mode and 720P HD video using gated clock mode. Problem is that we need to capture 1080i video on the parallel CSI0 port, however we cannot use BT1120 mode as it requires IPU_CSI0_DATA02 & IPU_CSI0_DATA03 which we need for the EIM bus (D30, D31). While its possible to capture the 1080i video using Vsync & Hsync in gated clock mode, I don't know if it can be de-interlaced properly without the field information. One thought is to set the CSI port to BT656 mode and modify the CCIR code registers to match the sync code values of 1080i, but so far I have not been able to get that working. Should that work ? Essentially push in HD video at 148Mhz in the 8 upper-most CSI port bits with the IPU set to BT656 mode, but with HD CCIR codes. Any input is appreciated, thanks /Otto

Labels (4)
Tags (5)
6 Replies

zhuhuayi
Contributor I

can you tell me how to use gated clock mode for 720P HD video,thanks!

0 Kudos

hanseunglee
Contributor III

Hi Blom.

I know i.mx6 board can not use gate mode. them says, we can not support gated mode for camera v4l2 driver.

In your case, Did you make new device driver for gated mode?

If you have a solution about gated mode, could you share some file or link(ref. site) for gated mode?

please reply.

thank you.

Best regards

Han

0 Kudos

建章李
Contributor I

hi Blom:

Did you solve this problem?  I met the same problem. If you have solved it? Can you give me some help?

0 Kudos

ottob
Contributor IV

Negative. We made a new rev board with BT1120-compatible wiring

0 Kudos

建章李
Contributor I

Thanks for your answer! Maybe We have to make a new rev board too.

0 Kudos

ottob
Contributor IV

We decided to change the board to allow of the proper connections instead

0 Kudos