cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Device problem in 5485?

rishikeshbs
Contributor I
Hi,

I have been trying to get the USB device working on the processor. I followed the instructions in the Ref. Manual (Rev 4) to intialize the USB device controller. However, when I connect the device to the USB host (PC) an interrupt to indicate that Reset Stop Signalling doesnt occur. (RSTSTOP bit in USBIMR is '0' )Shouldnt it occur?? On the other hand when I do read the USBISR register it contains the following:

1. When I plug the USB cable after the processor starts running the ISR indicates MCF_USB_USBIMR_SUSP bit as set.
2. When I keep the USB cable plugged in the system and when I restart the processor the ISR indicates MCF_USB_USBIMR_SUSP and MCF_USB_USBIMR_RES bits set.

But never with RESET STOP bit set. Shouldnt the USB device interrupt when it is connected to the host with MCF_USB_USBIMR_RSTSTOP bit set?

Can anyone please clarify me on this.

I have a fire engine and a base board with the following details:

1. The Fireengine ETX- SOM has a White Sticker with 1000050+B written on it.
2. Also has this written on the silk screen. PCB 1000266 REV A
3. The base board is a 548xEVB with 800000245 REV B white sticker.
4. The processor is a PCF5485CZP200 L14S QAA0450.

I did the rewiring such that USBVDD and USBOSCVDD would now be powered by 3.3v by following the instructions on PCN 297 Hardware Change notice.

Are there any other wiring issues or Silicon issues which I am not aware off??

Thanks,
Rishi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Piotr
Contributor I
Hi,
You are reffering to 'IMR' registers in your post - but IMR are masks, not interrupt status registers.
Also I am not sure if you perform init in correct order.
You sholuld perform most of  the USB initialization with USB cable unplugged then plug-in the USB cable and wait for the USB interrupt. This works for me.
And the best way to start is to ask Freescale support for their USB sample project for 5485.

Greetings,
Piotr

0 Kudos

rishikeshbs
Contributor I
Hi,

I am using ISR registers only to check the status. I made a typo there. Also I am following the same step by step procedure taken from Rev4 Reference Manual of 548x to do the intialization. I plugin the cable only after I perform the device intialization, then what I observe is that the RSTSTOP bit in USBISR register is set among other bits but never triggers an interrupt.

I dint check with freescale support, will do that immediately. Thanks for the info again.

Regards,
Rishi
0 Kudos