I.MX6DL Serial Download Option Not Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6DL Serial Download Option Not Working

aryamgupta
Contributor I

We are trying to download program image to the chip by taking MCU in Serial Download Mode by selecting BOOT_MODE[1:0] Pins to  2'b01 and we are not able to do so.

But we are able to download image  by selecting BOOT_MODE[1:0] Pins to  2'b00(This option is working by blowing the BOOT_CFG1,BOOT_CFG2,BOOT_CFG3, BOOT_CFG4 and BT_FUSE_SEL).

Could anybody help in serial download mode and the initial steps that need to be followed to make it in workable condition?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check Your USB OTG schematic, using the Design Checklist.

“Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families …”

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Recent design checklist may be found at

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93819

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aryamgupta
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for providing HDG and Checklist.I have considered all  these guidelines while designing the board.

But now problem is when we are bringing up the board.

What initial steps to be followed to make the board work in serial download mode?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Good day, Aryam Gupta ! 

You wrote, that it is possible to Boot (the system) From Fuses.
If You mean boot, say, Linux from some media (SD, NAND) - please check if USB OTG
is working under Linux. Perhaps 24 MHz crystal should be changed.

Another option - SD Manufacture mode  - it may be caused before USB serial boot.

"i.MX6 solo: problem forcing it into USB serial downloader mode"

https://community.freescale.com/message/392591#392591

~Yuri

0 Kudos

aryamgupta
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Good Day!!!

In our case , We have FSBL(First stage Boot Loader) in SPI NOR, Then second stage boot loader in NAND Flash.We have other optional boot  from SD CARD also.

But currently, We have fresh Board came from Fabrication. I have checked all basic preliminary power check and sequence also.

Now we have two Boot Mode pins to select the BOOT_MODE[1:0] Settings. We are able  to work only in eFuses mode not in other mode.

If We go to Serial Down loader mode by selecting BOOT_MODE[1:0] to 2'b01. Then we are not able to go  and access MCU.

Now my doubt is if we are going to Serial Download then what initial steps that we need to follow to make it work in this mode.

0 Kudos

aryamgupta
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Could you please confirm on internal boot ROM (Means whether it is programmed from the factory or we have to load some hardware initialization code on internal Boot ROM)?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Boot ROM and the Serial Downloader are working.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos